SIC e-insurance is a facility for you to buy insurance online using the web and mobile technology from the comfort of your office, home or any other location. This internet self-service portal allows new and existing customers of SIC Insurance to buy and renew their personal insurance policies, pay for them and also initiate a claim remotely without having to physically visit any SIC office or agent. These personal policies includes motor policies, domestic fire policies and travel insurance polices.
Simply visit www.einsurance-sic.com and we will deliver your policy document to you.
(A) Using the self-service portal
At the e-insurance portal page, click on “Create Account” to create an account if you are a new user of the service.
- Follow the prompts to create your account. You will need an email address and your mobile number to create an account.
- Log onto your email to verify the account. You will receive an email from SIC for your account verification. Follow the prompts to verify.
- Enter your email and password to login if you’ve successful created an account or an existing user of the portal
- Once you’ve logged into your account, you can buy a new personal insurance policy (motor, domestic fire, travel insurance policies), renew your existing personal insurance policy with SIC Insurance or initiate and track a claim.
B) Buying a New Policy
- To buy a new policy, select the type of policy you want to buy e.g. Motor, Fire or Travel
- Fill in the Proposal Form on the site with your details and click on “SUBMIT”.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. You may also print a copy of your completed form.
- An SIC representative will get in touch with you to process your request
NOTE: When you click “SUBMIT”, an invoice will be generated. Use this to make payment for the policy at the Bank or using your MTN Mobile money.
(C.1) Renewing your Policy
- Once you log into your account, click on policy renewal on the homepage.
- Double check and verify your details to ensure that they are correct.
- Choose a delivery location or nearest branch if you prefer to pick up your documents.
- Click on “Renew Policy” to complete your request.
- The system will generate an invoice with a copy sent to your email address.
- A text message will also be sent to your mobile phone with the invoice number and a summary of the amount you need to pay.
- You will need your invoice number to make payments at any of the participating banks or simply pay using your MTN mobile money account.
(C.2) Renewals by Phone
- You can also renew your Policy by simply dialing any of our e-insurance lines
- Confirm your details i.e. Name, Policy Number and Car Registration Number
- We will need your Mobile Number and Email Address
- An invoice number will be given to you with a copy sent to your phone and email address.
- When you have made your payment and SIC has confirmed your payment, your policy will be renewed and delivered to your chosen address.
NOTE: SIC will deliver your policy documents (including sticker) to you within 24hrs once your premium payment has been confirmed.
(D.1) Premium Payment
There are two payment options. You may pay with MTN Mobile Money; or at any of our partner banks listed below:
- Agric. Development Bank (ADB)
- HFC bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB)
- Universal Merchant Bank (UMB)
(D.2) Payment through MTN Mobile money
You will receive an SMS message with your invoice number as soon as you click on RENEW POLICY
- On your mobile go to My MTN
- On My MTN, click on Mobile Money
- Select Pay Bill and then select General Payment
- Enter INV followed by your invoice number e.g. INV 12345678
- Enter your personal pin number
- Wait for the prompt, check the amount shown and confirm your payment
- When payment has been confirmed, SIC will notify you
(E) Initiating a claim
- On your account homepage, click on Make a Claim and select the type of claim you wish to make. Fill out the form with the required information. Please be as detailed and precise as possible.
- Scan and upload all the required documents onto the site.
- When you have completed the form, click on Finish to submit the form.
- One of our officers will then get in touch with you to process your claim.
- You may follow up on your claims on your account homepage with Claim Tracker.
- Any information SIC wishes to share with you concerning your claim will be shown in Claim Tracker.